Prepare for Your Trip to Ghana
- June – Sept. ‘21 – Make a decision to participation; complete the required forms, make initial deposit.
- Jan. – Mar. 2022 – Secure your Passport – it must be current and extend beyond the return date of the trip. To secure a passport (new and/or expired) secure the application from https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html
Start ASAP – You want to get this over long before the trip. Visa Information and application will take place in March. IWC will provide you with the necessary information for your visa.
- Yellow Health Card – vaccinations need to be current; these include a Yellow Fever Vaccine and Covid Vaccine in addition to those required/suggested from CDC. A list of vaccines is provided in the tour description. Many of these you may have. For those that you will need, start now as there could be a shortage of some of the immunizations required. IWC will keep everyone informed about the COVID situations both nationally and internationally.
- In 2022 -Doctor’s visit – virtual or in person – to insure you are physically and mentally prepared for this trip. Request anti-malaria medication prescription by August 2022. Additionally, any prescription medication you are taking and will need should be purchased. Make a copy of all your medications to keep with your travel documents. (A travel document form will be provided for this.) IWC will request contact information and necessary health/medical information that will be kept on file during this tour.
- Virtual Sankofa Sessions
- Nov ‘21 – Meet & Greet and Q&A Session, “A Little Learning Before Travel”
- Jan ‘22 – “Meet the Tour Guides” and the representatives for our service projects (Virtual). Travel tips – planning your domestic flights, travel insurance.
- Mar ‘22 – “Customs & Culture” – the art of traveling in a developing country, providing a positive image of our sorority and country, currency exchange, packing for 10 days
- May ‘22 – Service projects – Cape Coast Children’s Library, Z-HOPETM Health Clinic & Water Wells, WoYeBra Day Conference, Ghana Chapter Zeta Project
- Boulé ‘22 – “Meet & Greet” for those who plan to attend the conference. It’s always good to meet our traveling companions. If you are not attending Boulé, you will be able to join us virtually.
- August ‘22 – “Final Sankofa Logistics” – Airport check-in, Group Me (for contacting each other), Luggage ID Tags, Copies of all travel documents, Room Pairings, Hotel Check-in, Group Leaders, Gratuities, etc.